Best Sativa Strains
Sativa Strains: Learn the Basic Facts
Sativa is often associated with head high than body high. In other words, it stimulates the mind, but it does not feel heavy or drowsy. However, while researchers are digging into the factors that alter the effects of various cannabis strains, such as cannabinoids and terpenes, distinguishing Sativa from Indica is a useful tool in finding the right product. It may be more useful to think along the lines of Sativa-like and Indica-like strains than to think rigorously from the Sativa and Indica perspective.
Cannabis enthusiasts know that the differences between different strains of cannabis are much deeper than the Indica, Hybrid and Sativa strains alone. Those enthusiasts are taking the time to learn about terpenes and cannabinoids, so they can dig deeper into the science behind this plant. However, for most people, it is enough to think of strains in terms of Indica, Sativa, and hybrids.
If you’re relatively new to cannabis, or don’t want to spend time exploring the details, consider the following:
- Sativa is associated with uplifting and energizing effects.
- Indica is thought to have a relaxing effect that induces drowsiness.
- The hybrid is more balanced, but some can lean more towards the Indica or Sativa side.
Common Effects with Sativa Strains
Here’s a closer look at the main effects associated with Sativa.
Generally, Cannabis sativa strains have the following effects.
- This is a desirable effect for daytime consumers and those who want to consume before activities or socializing.
- Many people report that their mood changed and improved after taking the Sativa strain.
- Cannabis Sativa products can shift or unblock creativity and generate new ideas.
- Not limited to creativity, Cannabis Sativa shares are believed to turn their attention inward for introspection.
- Some report that Cannabis Sativa strains help relieve distracted minds and focus on the task at hand.
A Brief Note About Sativa Strains
Before entering a particular strain, it is important to note that Sativa’s effects are very widely used. Not everyone will experience all of these effects. Each person feels stress differently. Your physiology and endogenous cannabinoid system, and resistance to various cannabinoids are unique. Your life experience and environment also affect your experience.
- Are you surrounded by friends or complete strangers?
- Did something traumatic or difficult happen?
- Is there anything you’re afraid of in the next few days?
These types help you decide how to experience a particular type.
This all means that, for example, Sativa with high THC can be an uplifting antidepressant for long-term cannabis users who are highly resistant to THC. However, for those who are less tolerant or who react differently to different terpene profiles, the experience can be very different.
Finally, keep in mind that strains are far from exact science and are not always consistent across brands.
If you find a strain you like from one brand, you will find that the versions of the same stock from another brand are very different.
Best Sativa Strains for You
Sativa is a major uplifting marijuana strain. Sativa strains can be used for daytime physical activity and activities that require a high degree of social interaction. The effect of Sativa strains provides a wide range of treble that can enhance creativity and energy. Sativa strains are also used therapeutically by medical marijuana patients to relieve symptoms associated with mood disorders and chronic fatigue. Each strain can affect others, but Sativa’s effects can boost your creativity and energy.
As mentioned earlier, knowing whether a strain is Indica, Sativa, or a hybrid does not give a complete understanding of its properties. Still, it can be a good starting point. If you’re confident that sativa strains are the most attractive, learn about the 10 best sativa options and better understand some of the nuances in between. With that in mind, here are some of our favorites that are widely recognized as some of the best Sativa strains to date.